Did you know that some dentists perform reconstructive dental work after just a weekend course on a procedure? That may be okay, but prosthodontists receive three additional years of intense, formal instruction beyond regular dental school. Rigorous training and experience provide prosthodontists with a special understanding of the dynamics of a smile, the preservation of a healthy mouth and the creation of tooth replacement.
As American Dental Association recognized specialists, prosthodontists are qualified to provide:
- dental implants
- cosmetic dentistry (improvement of appearance by fixing broken, discolored or misshapen teeth and associated structures);
- crowns and bridges;
- full or partial dentures;
- complex care management involving multiple specialists;
- replacements for lost teeth;
- maxillofacial prosthetic procedures such as oral cancer reconstruction; and
- continuing and complex care management.
Many like to think of prosthodontists as the “quarterbacks” of dental treatment plans. They regularly lead teams of general dentists, specialists and other health professionals to develop solutions for patients’ dental needs. General dentists often refer their most difficult and challenging patients to prosthodontists because of their expertise.
Could you benefit from a smile makeover?
Southlake prosthodontist Dr. Khal Ajlouni consults with patients to determine their specific needs and an appropriate care plan.
This often involves treatment for:
- special needs of geriatric patients;
- children born with cleft palate or missing teeth;
- temporomandibular joint syndrome/disorder;
- traumatic injuries; and
- snoring and sleep disorders.
Loss of natural teeth, whether in an accident or as part of the aging process, can be traumatic, and it may affect your outlook on life. Simple pleasures — like smiling or going out to eat — can become a source of stress or embarrassment. With the help of a prosthodontist, there are many options.
Whether you need to replace one tooth or many, require complex dental restorations or simply desire a whiter, more vibrant smile, a prosthodontist will work with you through every step of dental treatment, from the initial consultation to follow-up care. Give our office a call today to discuss your smile makeover with Southlake prosthodontist Dr. Khaldoun Ajlouni.
Keywords: prosthodontist, smile makeover Southlake